TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Workwear Supermarket Ltd. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to Workwear Supermarket.
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
15. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
16. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
17. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
18. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
19. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
20. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
21. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
22. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food, newspapers, event tickets or e-vouchers) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
23. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
24. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
27. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
28. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.
29. Credit Accounts and Payment Terms:
(a) We reserve the right to open credit accounts at our discretion, contingent upon the acquisition of satisfactory credit references.
(b) Unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing, payment for Goods delivered on credit accounts is due and payable no later than 30 days after the date of invoicing.
(c) Without prejudice to our rights to enforce payment, should the Customer fail to make payment in accordance with these Conditions, we retain the entitlement to pursue interest on any outstanding overdue balance, as allowed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
(d) Workwear Supermarket retains the authority to cancel or suspend a Customer's credit account by providing written notice at any time, should we deem it necessary for any reason to seek additional security from the Customer, beyond that which has already been provided.
(e) We reserve the right to reinstate the credit account once the requested additional security has been furnished by the Customer, and all other specified conditions have been met.
30. Ownership of Products:
(a) Until full payment has been received by Workwear Supermarket for the products supplied, the ownership of the products shall remain with Workwear Supermarket.
(b) The Customer shall not have the right to sell, transfer, or encumber the products in any manner until full payment has been made, and any attempt to do so shall be considered a breach of these terms and conditions.
(c) Workwear Supermarket reserves the right to claim ownership of the products in the event of non-payment or breach of any other terms of this agreement, without prior notice or consent.
(d) The Customer shall take all necessary precautions to ensure that the products are clearly identifiable as the property of Workwear Supermarket until full payment is received..
31. Default and Remedies:
(a) In the event of default by the Customer, including non-payment or breach of any other terms of this agreement, Workwear Supermarket may take legal action to recover the unpaid balance without the need for a court order, but shall not have the right to physically repossess the products.
(b) The Customer shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by Workwear Supermarket in enforcing its rights under this clause.
32. Termination and Ownership:
(a) Termination of the contract, for any reason, shall not affect Workwear Supermarket's rights under this clause, and ownership of the products shall remain with Workwear Supermarket until full payment is received.
(b) Upon termination, the Customer shall have no obligation to return the products to Workwear Supermarket, but the ownership shall remain with Workwear Supermarket.
33. Notification of Change in Ownership:
(a) The Customer shall promptly notify Workwear Supermarket in writing of any change in ownership or control of their business.
(b) Failure to provide such notification may result in the immediate demand for full payment of outstanding balances.
34. Acceptance of These Terms:
(a) By accepting the products, the Customer acknowledges and agrees to these terms and conditions regarding ownership and payment.
(b) These terms shall be binding upon the Customer and their successors or assigns.
35. The Company will make a search with a Credit Reference Agency, who will keep a record of that search and will share the information with the Company and other businesses. In some instances the Company may also make a search on the personal credit file of principal directors. The Company may also pass or share Customer information with carefully selected third parties for the purposes of account opening, credit vetting and account management. Should it become necessary to review an account, then again a credit reference may be sought and a record kept. The Company will monitor and record information relating to Customer trade performance and such records will be available to Credit References Agencies who will share that information with other businesses when assessing applications for credit and fraud prevention. For the purposes of credit referencing the Company may also share information with other businesses.